Sunday, September 4, 2016

1 Month, 16 Days

The idea to push the knee out of its comfort zone is working well so far. I went to the gym twice since the last post. The first time was more of a learning experience, while the one today was a harder workout (compared to how hard I was able to work as little as a week ago):

  1. Warm up on the stationary bike, 5 minutes.
  2. Elliptical trainer, ~75 RPM, ~155 BPM, 6 minutes (+ 1:30 cooldown).
  3. Stationary bike, ~100 RMP, ~140 BMP, 8 minutes (+1:30 cooldown).
  4. Squats, 3 x 6 repetitions with a 20 kg bar.
The knee is feeling better daily. I am now able to run with a normal gait with just a little tension and pain - about how walking felt like in the second week after the surgery. As usual, I just ran some fifteen-twenty meters as a test, but it was especially encouraging that the pain stopped immediately when I stopped running. I expect I'll start doing some actual running training with the physio the week after the next at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment