Thursday, July 28, 2016

Day 10

The stitches are finally out! That feels a bit better. I can't really tell what the scar looks like yet as I have a new adhesive bandage over it, not to be removed for two more days; luckily, I can shower with this one on.

In other news, the swelling around the incision is actually the hematoma doctor told me to expect - I thought a hematoma would include more visible bruising for some reason. I told the doctor I wasn't really icing it so far since the thick adhesive bandage on it make it really hard for the cold to actually reach the site. He urged me to start using ice regularly now. Other things to look forward to are:
  • Start physiotherapy next week to rebuild the quads.
  • Free to start swimming next Wednesday.
  • Free to start cycling and/or running in six weeks, so beginning of September. I can do very short runs or rides before, but nothing longer than 20 minutes.
Otherwise, the knee is improving slowly. I'm walking up stairs almost normally now, though it still hurts a little. I'm also going down stairs facing forward (no longer sideways), but with a sort of a hop-skip on the left leg to avoid the painful eccentric contraction. Still doing glute and hamstring stretches daily, but I've given up on hip flexors and TFL, it seems to hurt more than it helps at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment