Saturday, July 30, 2016

Day 12

I've removed the final bandage today. The incision hasn't healed completely yet, there's some scabbing and light bruising there. The picture is here for those interested, but I don't think it's presentable enough to be displayed directly in the post just yet.

I've been icing twice a day since the sutures were removed. The swelling/hematoma decreases noticeably after icing. It would probably have been a good idea to use the ice during the time the old thick bandage was off for showers.

There is a new sensation from the knee. I feel a distinctive longitudinal line of tension midway between the lateral epicondyle and the patella, like there is a thin band stretched there that gets tight when I bend the knee under load. Could be that they had cut the IT band away from the fascia along that line during the operation, or it could be some scar tissue. We'll see how it develops.

The functionality is still slowly improving, though maybe not as quickly as in the first week. It's good that I'm about to start physiotherapy soon, it should help to kick start the recovery and keep it on the right track so I don't develop bad patterns of movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment