Monday, August 1, 2016

Day 14 (2 Weeks)

Still improving, but still very slowly. It goes up and down during the day, so at times it feels like there hasn't been a change in a few days, and later it feels massively better. I guess it's also easy to forget that a particular move or position used to hurt before, once it no longer does. There are definitely no leaps and bounds though; it still hurts a little to go up stairs for example, and I still do the little hop-skip when descending them. The strange pulling feeling comes and goes too, so sometimes the most sensitive spot is there, while other times it's around the actual incision site.

Speaking of the incision site, the one thing that really hasn't changed much is the swelling/hematoma. It decreases a little with icing, but it comes back if I spend too much time on my feet, whether walking or standing in one place. I'm still icing it daily as it does feel better.

Physiotherapy starts Wednesday. The physiotherapist I planned to go to will be on vacation until the end of August, so I had to make an appointment with another physio I found at the same hospital where I did the surgery. My idea is to work on basic strength and coordination of the muscles around the knee in the following month, and then start the specific cycling and running work with the original physio once he comes back from vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment