Sunday, August 7, 2016

Day 20

Yesterday morning, a phone call woke me up quite early. I checked the incision scar habitually, and the swelling was the smallest I've seen it yet, it looked almost completely gone. This was not very surprising as I did ice it before bed the night before. I went back to sleep after the phone call, and when I got up later, the swelling was back to full size, about as big as I've ever seen it. Strange.

I realized I haven't taken any photos that show the swelling, so here's a couple that show what it looks like these days:

Leg flexed to around 90 degrees
Leg partially flexed, around 45 degrees from fully extended

The incision is almost completely healed. There is just one spot with a small scab remaining:
It looks bigger than it is - actual length is almost exactly 5 cm

Today it's been mostly business as usual. I'm descending stairs almost normally now, just a little hitch here and there. I had a nice walk, forty minutes at least, and it felt quite good. There weren't any big oscillations in the size of the hematoma during the day - even after the walk there was no noticeable increase in swelling. All in all, feeling better and better, looking forward to more physio exercises tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment