Friday, August 19, 2016

1 Month

Yesterday I applied some diclofenac gel to the red bump and the rest of what's left of the swelling, not for pain but for the anti-inflammatory effect. It actually worked quite well, better than icing definitely, and with longer lasting effect. Definitely something that would have been worth trying from the start instead of or in combination with the oral paracetamol and ibuprofen.

Today's PT:
  1. Stationary bike, we decreased the resistance by one step so I can spin at my preferred cadence: 5 min, 101 RPM, 138 BPM, 138 W.
  2. Leg raises, 2 x 15.
  3. Balance on the foam pad.
  4. Balance with opposite leg extensions, 2 x 7.
  5. Shallow single legged squats on the  foam pad, 1 x 12.
  6. Squats against an exercise ball, 2 x 15, hold the last squat for a few seconds.
  7. Leg abductions with the elastic band, 2 x 15.
Massage at the end, like last time. For next week, she recommended starting to do short and easy rides outside on my bike. Keeping in with the doctor's recommendations, I will start with 5-10 minutes, just around the block, and I'll keep the rides under 20 minutes until the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment