Wednesday, August 24, 2016

1 Month, 5 Days

Three day update! There's less change day to day nowadays, so I'll be doing to around two updates a week from now on.

The previous two days I again spent too much time on my feet so I again went lighter with exercises that load the knees, focusing instead on the hip abductors. Today was PT day, we did the following:
  1. Stationary bike, same resistance as last time, 5 min, 105 RPM, 137 BPM, 141 W.
  2. Balance on the foam pad.
  3. Balance with leg extensions, 7 + 6 repetitions.
  4. Shallow single-legged squats on the foam pad, 7 + 9 repetitions.
  5. Squats with the exercise ball, 2 x 15.
  6. Leg abductions with the elastic band, 2 x 15.
  7. Leg raises, 2 x 15.
  8. Heel pulls, 2 x 10.
  9. Massage.
For the rest of the day I tried mostly to give the knee some rest. I did take a bike-share bike for a very quick test spin, no more than five minutes around the block in the lightest gear. It felt interesting - unlike the stationary bike, it did not feel like I could push at all, but at the same time it felt good to spin the legs and get the blood moving through the knee. I'd like to go swimming again, but that will have to wait for next week when the visiting friends leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment